When it comes to weight loss, a lot of people tend to bother about their eating habits. While some are completely confused about how they could maintain a sane eating habit, others are at a total loss of an idea. Hence, the essence of this article is to point you to how to go about your diet with an emphasis on the keto diet.
What is Keto Diet?
Keto diet is a short variant for the ketogenic diet. Keto diet is a low-carbohydrate but high-fat eating schedule that has been in use for years. This plan has surprisingly shot up in recent years with the way people use them. This is because of the positive impressions it has created on the aspect of weight loss. Hence, a lot of people see it as a go-to kind of diet for achieving their weight loss goals.
How It Works
Before going into any form of weight loss or even exercise, it is first good to know some basic facts. As a warning, never go into something because you read it up or it works for someone you know. The human body seems not to always act alike. What works for another person might not work for you. You need to be schooled.
What the keto diet does to your body is that it rids of carbohydrate contents. Since it’s a low-carb diet, there is an insignificant intake of carbohydrates which us the main source of energy to the body. Hence, the body is deprived of glucose for it to be energized
However, due to the fact that it’s also fat-rich, alternative energy is gotten stored fats called ketones. Hence, the name keto was derived from ketones. This process begins to happen within a week of low-carb.
What to Do to Make it Effective
While dieting is good, there are things to do and food to eat in order to achieve the desired result. A major thing to do while on the keto diet is to keep exercising your body.
However, there are some other things to do;
- Watch your carb intake: if you’re taking low-carb to watch your weight be careful to watch other things you eat
- Reduce sugar intake: this includes sweetness and fruits. These are rich in carbohydrate and won’t allow your body to convert fat to glucose
- Watch your calories: by this, I mean don’t consume more than what your body burns. Else, the keto diet won’t do much good
- Drink plenty of water: this is because running on the keto diet will easily dehydrate you due to low-carb
- Try intermittent fasting: this will help you increase the rate at which ketones are produced the body.
While some doubts the effectiveness of keto diets, this article has simply summed it up for you. The ineffectiveness of the keto diet can be simply tied to insulin resistance and different body type. However, it has proven positive on people with obesity, diabetes, and athletic folks.
Also, make it a point of duty to contact a professional health practitioner before attempting to go into it.